Would you ever have said that the world of USB connectors contains a microcosm inside?
We do, and today we are here to better explain what it is.
To being with, it is important to know that there are different types, depending on their use: type A, type B, type C, micro A, micro B, mini C.
Types A, B and C USB
USB Types A, B and C are the names of the connectors we use for smartphones, tablets, PCs, speakers and many more.
– Type A: this is the original design for the standard USB, with a typical flat and rectangular shape. In a typical USB cable, the Type A connector, alias the A-male connector, is the end which connects to a host, such as a computer.
– Type B: Since peripheral devices vary greatly in shape and size, the Type B connector and its port have many different designs (Standard-B for large devices, Mini-USB for older mobile devices, Micro -USB for most modern smartphones and tablets, Micro-USB 3.0 on portable devices to USB 3.0 port, Standard-B USB 3.0 which is similar to the B-standard but designed for the speed of USB 3.0 ports)
– Type C: The Type C port and connector are approximately the same size as the Type B Micro USB, which means that its smaller size allows it to work for multiple devices.
All the advantages of the Type-C USB
Although it has been present on the market for a long time, it seems that the world has noticed the existence of this connector only since the release of Apple’s MacBook 2015. As often happens with technology, once again we were faced with a distortion of reality in which, only with the release of a particularly visible product, were they able to prove the technological innovation which was already present and available from the start.
The first advantage of the Type-C connector is definitely the total reversibility of the cables located at the end, not having to look at which end the connector is may not seem like much of an innovative change … but try it!
Another important point in favour of the Type-C is that with a single cable you can charge your computer and pass the video signal to an external monitor which, in turn, is self-powered; this will determine the fact that the devices which will integrate this type of connector will be thinner and lighter, without having to integrate a multitude of ports able to accommodate a myriad of cables.
Our products with Type-C connectors
– 3in1 Cable: triple connectivity cable (Type C, Micro USB and Lightning). It works both for charging devices and for data transfer; customizable on the sides of the connectors with company logo in silk-screen printing
– Multi Cable 100% Custom: 10 cm long cable with 4 types of different connectors used for simultaneous charging of multiple devices (micro, Lightning MFI, Type-C and USB standard). The aesthetic feature that makes it truly unique is a customizable 3D rubber body, which holds the connectors together.
– Short cable 3in1 100% Custom: triple connectivity cable (Type C, Micro USB and Lightning) measuring 28 cm, usable both as a charger and for transferring data. It features a fully customizable 3D case which keeps it protected, and folds so that it can also be used as a key ring.
– USB Cable 3in1 100% Custom: triple connectivity cable (Type C, Micro USB and Lightning) measuring 100 cm usable both as a charger and for transferring data. It features a thin, soft rubber strap with clip close, in which you roll the customizable 2D format cable.